Are you struggling with managing people and projects?
Managing projects has been an age-old task that’s only gotten more complex throughout the years. That’s why we’ve moved away from notepads and binders to computers and databases.
Sure, project managers can do their work under very challenging circumstances, but it’s how efficient they are that really matters to a company. If a PM can overlook and guide a single project to fruition, that’s good, but if they’re able to do it with multiple projects simultaneously, that’s the jackpot – increased efficiency.
Every company wants its project managers to be as productive as possible, and it isn’t any different here at B EYE. So, let us tell you how we provide an avenue for our PMs to be as productive and adept as they can.
What you are getting:
We have been creating project management optimization applications for our clients to share the following learnings with you. We are sharing the nitty-gritty of the business side of it as well as the technical know-how.
The business-centered guide contains:
- Budget Tracker – With it, we’re able to observe budget allocation, or more precisely, how much time the developers have spent on a specific project and how much time they have left.
- Capacity Review – We use this to examine every employee’s capacity for the current and future sprints in order to better optimize the work process.
- Project Estimates Analysis – It provides us with the ability to learn from past experiences and gives us the insight needed to better plan project estimates in the future.
- NPrinting Time Tracking Reports – With it, we send email reports to everyone in the company, highlighting any issues with their tickets, notifying them about project releases, and reminding them about which colleagues are OOO and until when.
- Holidays Planner – This dashboard tracks holiday requests and approvals and shows how many days off a team member has left. It also tracks who is on sick leave and until when, so our project managers can make more efficient business process optimizations.
And for those that are more interested in the back-end part of an application, we’ve got you covered with the technical guide. Find out how we made the connection between Qlik and JIRA and how we managed to break JIRA’s API data extract limit.
What’s the value?
You get both at once.
You get to see how exactly Qlik can be helpful to project managers in more ways than one. And that’s great, but you will also see how it can be useful for team leaders and team members as well. In B EYE, if a colleague wants to access the PM dashboards to quickly see how they’re doing or how the projects are going, they can.
Even though all of this can be checked within JIRA as well, it would take more time overall – time that could be better spent on more productive tasks. So, if you’ve got an issue tracking system, and chances are you do, we strongly advise you to take advantage of the myriad opportunities the data analytics platforms, like Qlik, provide. After all, these improvements can help you and your team regardless of the industry you operate in.