Qlik Sense sets the benchmark for third-generation analytics platforms, empowering the whole organization to make data-driven decisions. It is built on Qlik’s unique Associative Engine and offers a broad range of functionalities such as self-service analytics, interactive dashboards, conversational analytics, custom, and embedded analytics, mobile analytics, and reporting.
Here are our top ten reasons for how Qlik Sense can help companies step into a new digital era, and we love it for it:
1. Smart Visualizations – Qlik Sense offers a rich set of visualizations that provide unique, innovative ways to convey meaning in data, and automatically respond to changes in context from user interactions across the entire application. Users can quickly make sense of their data, pinpoint key insights and easily explore it further. Additionally, Qlik Sense supports powerful geographic analysis capabilities through Qlik GeoAnalytics, with advanced mapping and geospatial calculation that allows users to analyze geographic data with non-geographic information to uncover patterns and hidden insights.
2. Easy to use – Qlik Sense is designed with the end-user in mind. Its interface is very intuitive and once you get used to it, you can easily create beautiful visualizations without the need for extensive training. Qlik Sense can be used by people from different departments, regardless of their skill level, allowing them to get the right insights to make data-driven decisions, driving tremendous value and true organizational transformation. Additionally, there are so many resources to help you pick Qlik Sense up easily. In Qlik Sense Cloud users can immediately experience the platform and try to design their first dashboard.
3. Self–Service – Qlik Sense is known for its outstanding self-service capabilities. Every user can easily create their own dashboard by merely using the “Drag and Drop” function. They do not need to rely on others to build new visualizations or make changes to existing ones since they are empowered to create, modify and personalize their dashboards based on their own skill level and without using SQL queries. Furthermore, users can extract and load their data using the “Visual Data Preparation” function.
4. Storytelling – Qlik Sense allows users to communicate and share insights and analyses using interactive data stories, rich with analytics and visual commentary. Users can also share insights with others by printing analytics directly to .PPT and .PDF, and export to Excel. Besides, organizations can centrally produce and distribute reports in MS Office and pixel perfect formats using Qlik NPrinting, to spread knowledge and insight to larger communities of people.
5. Mobility – Qlik Sense can be accessed on any device, with the best possible user experience, through intelligent, responsive design and a modern touch interface. The responsive design adapts visualizations, data, and functionality that allows users to share and solve an issue anywhere and anytime instantly, it arises.
6. Collaboration – Qlik Sense can find and share relevant analyses, including apps and stories, through a unified hub with organized streams of content, and the cloud. Users can take advantage of apps and stories created by teammates, locating valuable content or publishing analyses for others to use, anywhere, anytime. The centralized streams allow users to directly access and share the most relevant content based on their workgroup or topic area, in an organized fashion, reducing the risk of errors from manually sharing spreadsheets.
7. The QIX Engine – Qlik Sense makes use of the power of Qlik’s unique QIX engine. The QIX engine optimizes data use into Qlik Sense by indexing and compressing data into its memory as binary. As a result, data fetched from varied data sources can be fast processed and used in Qlik Sense. Another key function of the QIX engine is the ability to create associations in data swiftly. Thus, the engine can dynamically recalculate analytics and highlights data relationships after each user interaction, using simple visual cues, revealing insights that would have otherwise been overlooked in query-based or hierarchical tools.
8. Security and Data Governance – Governed, enterprise-class capabilities in Qlik Sense include a modern management console, centralized libraries of data and analytics, flexible, rules-based security, and an elastic scaling architecture. This ensures that there is a single version of the truth. In addition to the governed data, Qlik Sense also has enterprise security to ensure that only those that can see the information have access to it. Consequently, there is no longer a need for a trade-off between the flexibility of self-service discovery and management, governance, security, or scalability.
9. Next-generation AI use – Qlik Sense makes use of the latest improvement in the sphere of AI and NLP to deliver the best user experience possible. It effortlessly brings together data and creates smart visualizations and rich applications, with assistance and automation from AI. The Smart search function allows users to search across all their data, to instantly refine context and understand associations while search within Insight Advisor lets them request new insights using natural language.
10. Customization and Extension – Qlik Sense is under Qlik’s Analytics Platform, allowing for the development of custom analytics apps, embedding of analytics in operational apps, and creating new types of visualizations, through open API’s. Developers can rapidly customize, extend, and embed Qlik Sense functionality to develop new applications and meet their unique business requirements. Complete, open APIs allow customization and extension of all Qlik Sense capabilities, by developers with standard technological skill sets while a new development hub streamlines the process of creation using open APIs.
These are only a few of the reasons why we love Qlik Sense and rank it as one of the best BI tools that empower users to take hold of their analytics and unleash the power, hidden in their data.